Click on the image below for more information.
The LSCMS Logistics Competition aims to allow photographers to explore logistics as a visual topic in five (5) categories.
– People in Logistics
– Sea Transport
– Road Transport
– Air Transport
– Storage and Handling
Win up to SG$1000!!
We hope that any that have a love for both photography and logistics will participate, and we also hope to build an online image library consisting of the best entries, and credit for each photo will go to the owner.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society Photography Competition is open to all photographers, worldwide.
2. Employees of The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society are not eligible to enter.
3. Members of the Executive Committee and Advisory Board of The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society are not eligible to enter.
1. Each participant is eligible to submit only 1 set of prints (one entry).
2. Each entry should consist of three (3) prints, that must cover three (3) of the following five (5) categories:
Category 1 – People in Logistics
Category 2 – Sea Transport
Category 3 – Road Transport
Category 4 – Air Transport
Category 5 – Storage & Handling
3. If an entrant exceeds any of these limits, all of that entrant’s entries will be disqualified.
4. The set of 3 images can be in colour or monochrome. They can be shot in or out of Singapore.
5. All entries must be submitted in 8R prints (without mounting) together with a CD/DVD (non-returnable)
containing the digital file of the images.
6. At the back of each print, clearly affix the following information:
- Photographer’s name
- NRIC/Passport/Photo ID number
- Contact number(s)
- Email address
- Subject matter (from the 5 categories listed above)
- Title of entry
- A brief description of where and when the picture was taken
7. The longer side of the digital image must be at least 2,400 pixels in JPEG (JPG) format.
8. All submissions of prints together with the application form and CD/DVD of photos must be addressed to:
The Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society
30 Kallang Pudding Road, #04-01A
Valiant Industrial Building
9. The submission deadline is 5 November 2010 29th November, 2010. This is now extended! Please note!
10. Images that have previously won prizes in other competitions are not allowed to be submitted for this competition.
11. No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, each entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to edit, adapt, publish and distribute such photo in a royalty free logistics images collection. The photos will also be used in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without attribution, compensation, permission or further notification to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity, unless prohibited by law. Except for the foregoing license, the LSCMS does not claim ownership of any copyright in Contest Submissions.
Each entry must comply with the following requirements (the “Photograph Requirements”):
1. Photographs must be in physical and digital format. Entrants must submit 1 set of images of min. 8R size (8″ × 10″ or 203 × 254 mm), without backing, as well as one CD of the images (refer to point 7 under ‘SUBMISSION’ for digital file requirements)
2. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable;
3. All digital files must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 2,400 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 2,400 pixels tall (if a vertical image);
4. The photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
5. The photo must not contain brand names or trademarks;
6. The photo must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material taken by the contestant;
7. The photo must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the LSCMS, contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
8. The photo must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the LSCMS, contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and;
9. The photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where photo is created.
10. Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable. Hand tinting is acceptable, as is cropping. Fish-eye lenses are acceptable. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are acceptable only if the combined parts are all made around the same time.
11. Any changes to the original Photograph not itemised here are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for a prize.
1. Judging will be based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Extent to which photo captures the essence of Theme selected (25%);
- Impact and Creativity (50%); and
- Composition, clarity and technical quality (25%)
2. Results of the competition will be posted on the www.lscms.org website.
3. Winners will also be notified by email.
1. Images submitted for this competition must be the ORIGINAL WORK of the participants who must also own the sole copyrights to the pictures.
2. Copyright of any work submitted as an entry to the photographic competition will remain with the photographer. By submitting the photograph to the LSCMS Photographic Competition, the copyright owner gives the LSCMS permission to reproduce, communicate and display the work in public. The LSCMS may also reproduce the work in any publication. The LSCMS reserves the right to edit or crop images for the purposes of promotion and publicity on the internet, events and other formats. All photographers will be acknowledged for their work at all times.
THE LSCMS PHOTOGRAPHIC COLLECTION
1. The LSCMS is developing and expanding a library collection of logistics images for public use. All entries to the LSCMS Photographic Competition and Exhibition will remain the property of the the LSCMS to be added to the Image Collection. This collection will be ultimately made publicly available online, to allow the community access to our collection of logistics and transportation photographs. Credit will be given to each photographer on the LSCMS image library site.
1. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third positions as follows:
- First Prize: $1000 (one thousand Singapore Dollars)
- Second Prize: $500 (five hundred Singapore Dollars)
- Third Prize: $200 (two hundred Singapore Dollars)
1. The decision of the judges is final. No correspondence will be entertained.
2. The organisers reserve the right to reproduce an image for publication, on an Internet website and/or display in
media without payment on any fees to the photographer.
3. An entry may be rejected when the judging committee, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not
conform to rules and regulations
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Submission of entries signifies acceptance of the rules and regulations of the competition.